Thank you to those who came to the Business Meeting. It has been more than a decade since our bylaws have been updated. A bylaws committee will be convened to consider possible revisions and updates.
Please review the BPOA Constitution & Bylaws BPOA Constitution
Standing Committees – BPOA members are needed to help with BPOA standing committees. Committee work will give members an opportunity to be a part of the decision making process in the direction of the organization. Per the Bylaws, the President can appoint members to various BPOA committees. One of our goals is to organize an official 501 (c) 3 and 501 (c) 6 foundation under the BPOA. Currently the BPOA falls under the umbrella of our National Black Police Association’s for business.
Executive Board – There are several open positions on the Executive Board. The BPOA is currently conducting and internal review of all organisational materials. Upon completion of the review, we plan to appoint an election committee to organise nominations to the BPOA Board of Directors.
The President has the authority per the bylaws to call for elections out of cycle. Currently the bylaws call for the election committee to be appointed in the spring, elections held shortly thereafter, and newly voted in Board Members take office in July according to the fiscal year calendar. In order to be nominated to the BPOA Board of Directors a member must be a regular member in good standing, have 3 years experience with a San Diego County law enforcement agency, 3 years of BPOA membership.
Board members must be able to commit time to organization activities. A board member missing 3 consecutive meetings or activities is considered resigning from the board. The President may appoint members to the board to fill vacancies in the board between elections.
- Website <sandiegobpoa.org> We are planning on a website upgrade to Divi Format. This new format features a more interactive, enhanced website face, and more interactive media.
- Brochure – A new BPOA trifold is in the works. The BPOA is already listed in the City of San Diego’s Employee Organization Guide trifold.
- SEPTEMBER – We are still looking for a few more members to attend the IAMBK Gala this coming Friday September, 18, 2015.
- Charles Drew Blood Drive & Health Fair coming September 27, 2015 @ Skyline Recreation Center
- OCTOBER – H.E.A.R.T. Workshop October 10, 2015 at SDSU 8am – Bro. Thomas, Bro. Hutchinson attending.
- Handbags of Hope Across America, October 10, 2015 @ 1100 Broadway from – 11am – 2pm
- Meeting – October 22, 2015 at 4pm @ Bros United Fire Fighters
- NOVEMBER – Annual Thanksgiving Dinner Drive @ Southeastern Division – November 15, 2015 – 5pm-8pm